2012- Begin looking at agencies
- Researching a lot and leaning toward All God’s Children International
- 2/9- Submitted 1st official adoption application and committed to AGCI
- 2/11- Follow up paperwork with AGCI
- 2/21-Home Study with Donna from Home Study Services, Inc. (She is wonderful)
- 2/21- got official approval from AGCI and Donna also mentioned that she was writing the report of approval!
- 2/26- First official Orientation Call with AGCI and we will be assigned our Case Worker!
- Between 2/26 and 5/3- Tons and TONS of paperwork and appointments
- 5/3- Home study submitted to agency. This could be the final step.
- The Goal is to have the paperwork process DONE by the end of this month. Then we will wait….
- 6/24- Dossier Done and we are officially on the waiting list for our Ethiopian baby.
- 12/26- Heartbreaking updates from the Ethiopian Government that a lot of corruption and trafficking is taking place in Ethiopia and the adoption process is being threatened.
- Lots of waiting
- May- Felt a stirring in our hearts for local adoption
- August- Decided to update our home study for a local adoption and we would move forward in the fall after we got back from vacation
- Sept 15th -Oct 6th- went on a vacation to Italy….It was amazing
- Oct 8th- Get a call from our social worker about a local baby
- Oct 10th- Receive more concrete info
- Oct 16th- get a call that the Birth Mom would like us to adopt her baby as ours
- November 7th- Meet the Birth mom for the first time for lunch. We love her and so honored. We know how brave and self-less she is.
- November 14th- OUR BABY IS BORN!!!!!
- November 16th- WE BRING HER HOME!!!!
- Forever More- We are in love
- Early January- Have to make an important decision for our international adoption and move our program to China due to continued corruption in Ethiopia
- Early January- Meet a pregnant high schooler who we fell in love with. She is pregnant and debating on what to do.
- Weeks go by- Praying like crazy
- January 29th…….She Chooses LIFE!!!!
- May-process of adoption of baby #2! Unexpected and we are so honored and thankful.
- May- also filling out paperwork for adoption in China.